In case you were wondering, here is what we accomplished at school today!
- Showing, Not Telling handout (wrote all four paragraphs)
- Silent reading (Woo-hoo!!)
- Worked on "Happy Thanksgiving" sign for window, sharing what we're thankful for
- Reviewed exercise 3.1 in the verbs packet
- Read p. 38-39 in verbs packet, completed and corrected exercise 3.2
- Turned in run-on sentences assignment (Grammar for Writing book, p. 37-38)
- GFW - read p. 39 (Adding Details) and completed exercises 1 and 2, p. 40
FYI: Each Story Dice story that you add to the Seventh Grade Stories website is worth three (3) points. You only get the points if you add your story to the site.
- Name Dice (just like Story Dice except that each die has a name on it. Put together, the two dice give you a complete name.) The name given was "Brad Reeves." Students wrote descriptions of this character that included his occupation, age, and a physical description.
- Read p. 56-57
- Answered and turned in questions 1-10, p. 59
- Created bumperstickers with our mottoes (turned in when completed)
- Went to computer lab to finish and view our Caritas Interviews
- Turned in three summary paragraphs assignment